Fact: According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, African-Americans make up about 5 percent of clinical trial participants and Latino Americans constitute 1 percent.African-Americans are diagnosed with more advanced cancer, and death rates are higher. One way to help combat the issue is to have more people of color participate in clinical trials. But overcoming historical stigma is a major concern for minority populations and is likely one of the most common factors driving the low participation numbers.
Help a Friend
Search the Site
- Conquering Spiritual Trauma from Evangelical Pastor ft. Dr. Laura Anderson November 23, 2023
- Do not purchase or use Neptune’s Fix November 22, 2023
- Be a Citizen Scientist November 7, 2023
- The Grown Man’s Guide to Making and Keeping Friends | SELF September 22, 2023
- If anxiety is in my brain, why is my heart pounding? A psychiatrist explains the neuroscience and physiology of fear September 14, 2023