From Evangelical camp kid to youth director, Dr. Laura Anderson recognized early on that something didn’t feel right. It wasn’t until her late 20s that she learned what she had gone through at the hands of her pastor was spiritual and psychological ab*se. She also discovered that her symptoms had a very specific name, cPTSD. When she realized most therapists didn’t understand the trauma that comes with leaving a high control group, she made it her mission to become part of the solution and become a therapist who specialized in those types of cases.
Help a Friend
Search the Site
- Conquering Spiritual Trauma from Evangelical Pastor ft. Dr. Laura Anderson November 23, 2023
- Do not purchase or use Neptune’s Fix November 22, 2023
- Be a Citizen Scientist November 7, 2023
- The Grown Man’s Guide to Making and Keeping Friends | SELF September 22, 2023
- If anxiety is in my brain, why is my heart pounding? A psychiatrist explains the neuroscience and physiology of fear September 14, 2023