An important question and discussion. Urusula and her guests talk about the stigma of mental issues and illness, combined with mistrust for often hostile systems, that keeps Africans from seeking help even in the Motherland. They also go into mental health support options that are more attractive than talk therapy, and how to de stigmatize getting help.
Help a Friend
Search the Site
- The Grown Man’s Guide to Making and Keeping Friends | SELF September 22, 2023
- If anxiety is in my brain, why is my heart pounding? A psychiatrist explains the neuroscience and physiology of fear September 14, 2023
- ‘Everything you’ve been told is a lie!’ Inside the wellness-to-fascism pipeline August 6, 2023
- NIMH » NIMH announces that Lisa Bowleg, Ph.D., M.A., has been selected as the 2023 James S. Jackson Memorial Award winner August 2, 2023
- Keeping a Clean Mediterranean diet? Would you like to? If so, the NIH needs you. July 29, 2023