FDA is warning consumers to not purchase or use Nose Slap and Soul Slap products, which are unapproved drugs marketed to promote alertness and boost energy.These products are inhalants and primarily contain ammonia. Inhaling ammonia can quickly lead to eye, nose, and throat irritation; coughing; and airway constriction.FDA has received reports of adverse events such as shortness of breath, seizures, migraines, vomiting, diarrhea, and fainting from consumers after using the Nose Slap or Soul Slap products. These products may have been purchased online through the Nose Slap website.
Help a Friend
Search the Site
- The Grown Man’s Guide to Making and Keeping Friends | SELF September 22, 2023
- If anxiety is in my brain, why is my heart pounding? A psychiatrist explains the neuroscience and physiology of fear September 14, 2023
- ‘Everything you’ve been told is a lie!’ Inside the wellness-to-fascism pipeline August 6, 2023
- NIMH » NIMH announces that Lisa Bowleg, Ph.D., M.A., has been selected as the 2023 James S. Jackson Memorial Award winner August 2, 2023
- Keeping a Clean Mediterranean diet? Would you like to? If so, the NIH needs you. July 29, 2023